BitDefender Antivirus 2013 (1 year 1 PC)
Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 vs 2012 - Which is Best?
(check new 2014 version review here)
Have you ever worked on a PC, laptop or device that doesnít have antivirus protection? If so then you know how easy it is for these to infiltrate your system and bring more malware, additional viruses and eventually lock you out of your device and all of your information.
To protect your PC or laptop you need to install some type of antivirus program, and until just last year, Bitdefender was not on the expert list of antivirus software options.
There are just some antivirus suites are better than others. Although Bitdefender has always been a long standing antivirus suite, it had an antiquated interface and lacked the effectiveness of other programs until 2012.
It was just last year when Bitdefender underwent a full overhaul. Developers overhauled the entire application giving it a change in both looks and performance which made it a better antivirus protection program.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 interface
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 interface
Bitdefender 2012 pros
According to PC World, Bitdefender 2012 gets a high rating for malware detection and removal. Added to that the applications new interface, makes it an excellent antivirus product suite for both novice and experienced users. Features include:
- The ability to detect and disable 90 percent of all active infections and traces of malware it was tested against.
- A revamped interface that is attractive and easy to use for both inexperienced and experienced users.
- A streamlined installation process that scans the PC or laptop prior to installing the program via a cloud based process.
Bitdefender 2013 pros
Unlike the 2012 version, the 2013 version comes in 3 different security packages ranging in price from $49.95 to $79.95. Pricing varies depending on the level of protection and the number of PCs you want to protect. New features include:
- Safepay - a secure standalone browser to use when opening bank and shopping websites. This secure browser runs in a secure invironment, isolated from your other browser activities and away from attackers.
- USB Immunizer - a feature that scans removable media and protects your system from malware and infections that can infiltrate this way.
- Anti-Theft Protection - An option only available in the complete package. This tool lets you wipe personal information from the device if it is ever lost.
- Parental controls that let you track all your childrenís digital activity on the web, chat sites and social media websites.
Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 vs 2013
While there have been some changes in the new version, primarily it offers better stability and extended virus protection, but is built on the changed framework of the 2012 version. Even so web experts do suggest you update your antivirus program every year to make sure the application is fully updated throughout the year of activation.
Bitdefender is an award winning antivirus suite, now everyone can afford as there are different packages available. If you donít have an antivirus application installed then you should opt for the latest version of the bitdefender suite. Choose the package that meets your device and protection needs. For advanced protection options check Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 review.
Like this review? Share it with your friends!