Author: Paul Carry | 24.08.2017
Acronis True Image 2018 Upgrade Review
- New overhauled interface
- Windows 10 support
- Disk and file backup to a local storage and to Acronis Cloud
- Supports up to 3 computers and 10 mobile devices
- Try and decide
- Easy cross-platform File synchronization
- Supports only Acronis cloud for online backup
- Some options are confusing to average users
- Beta version contains many bugs
No code needed
Functions not available in the new version
In the new version, Acronis removed some obsolete functions that are no more useful to the customers. They suggest alternative ways to perform the same functions and operations such as
- Email backup
The studies show that the new age customers are more dependent on web-based e-mail system so they do not need a specific E-mail backup. Therefore, this feature is removed from TrueImage and Acronis recommend using disk-level backup feature instead.
- Local and mixed synchronization
Acronis recommends to use cloud based synchronization as the local storages, such as USB flash drives, internal or external hard disc drives etc. are not reliable compared to Acronis Cloud.
- Backup version consolidation
This function is removed because in the new version, the number of backup versions can be controlled much more easily in the backup scheme. You can specify it while you set up the backup schemes.
- Acronis Extended capacity manager
This feature became useless as the operating systems from Windows Vista supports hard disc drives with capacity more than 3TB natively.
- Trim SSD
It was originally designed for Windows XP and this facility is available in the operating systems Windows 7 and later. Therefore, it is excluded in the Acronis True Image 2016.
67% Off Upgrade to Acronis True Image 2018 3 PC
Acronis Coupon Codes