Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Server for Windows
No code needed
Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Deduplication Review
Thanks to the Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Deduplication add-on, computer users can enjoy data deduplication. This basically means that every computer user can use as little storage space as possible at the cheapest costs possible. Also, this add-on helps you increase your storage space capacity by reducing requirement of storage space by almost 90%.
How deduplication works?
What are the features of Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Deduplication?
- Comes with Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 and itís very affordable
The Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Deduplication add-on can be used hand in hand with the Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 software. This makes recovery easy after the deduplication process. Itís also sold at very cheap and affordable costs. The price is calculated according to how many machines are protected.
- No extra hardware needed and you can create different backups.
The add-on is compatible with many hardware products in the market today which saves cost of purchasing extra hardware. Also, you can perform different back up processes on the files or disks or differential and incremental backups.
- Provides you with top not security for data and itís very easy to use.
Even for an amateur, the Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Deduplication add-on is easy to use. With simple installation processes and navigation guide, the add-on also provides top-notch security for back up and deduplicated data.
Note that, the deduplication add-on is purchased separately from the original Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Software which means that the set up process is quite different. Remember, the work of the deduplication add-on is to prevent repetition in storage of identical data. The deduplicated data is saved in a vault with enabled deduplication process. If you choose to backup your data to the deduplication vault, you must make sure that the Acronis Backup and Recover 11.5 Deduplication add-on has been installed to facilitate this process. Below is a step by step guide of the installation process of the deduplication add-on.
a) Start by creating a Storage Node in your machine which should host the deduplication vaults. Using the server operating system would be more preferable. For this step, you need at least a 64-bit system with at least 8GB of storage capacity.
b) The next step involves setting up a deduplication vault. Note that for this to work you must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Make sure the vault database and data are on different devices physically to prevent any degradation in performance.
- Limit yourself to one deduplication vault for every storage node
- Make sure you have a high speed LAN connection, preferably (1 Gbit)
- To prevent performance degradation, donít save the deduplication database on the same disc as the Operating system (Donít use the Local Disc C) since the OS contains many writes of the hard disk which slows down performance.
- If you store the vault data on a Network-attached storage (NAS), your connection should be very fast. Most preferably use Gigabit Ethernet.
- If you want to increase your deduplication speed yet the vault data is stored on locally attached hard disk drives, make sure you use the fastest controllers.
- The deduplication vault storage should have lots of space. Estimation of the space needed should be at least 110% of the already occupied space.
C) Next, you should choose a disk to save the deduplication vault. In these cases, the Redudant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) should be at least 5, 6 or 10. Avoid 0 or 1 because they are faulty. You can either use Storage Area Network or local disks, whichever is most preferable.
Like this review? Share it with your friends!