VMware Workstation 9 interface
VMware Workstation 9
Parallels Desktop 8 for MAC vs VMware Workstation 9 Review
Using OS X can be very rewarding to most people since Macs are more convenient than using Windows. However, if you had previously used windows before you switched to Mac, you may have some programs, files or applications that you need to incorporate into your Mac system. This is where Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac comes in. Thanks to this software you can easily transfer favorite files, games or other applications into your Mac system and continue using Windows without necessarily rebooting your computer. The easiest way to understand this software is to imagine a simple incorporation of Windows system into a Mac system which makes the computer more convenient and efficient for all users. Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac has more improved features than the predecessors; making it more convenient for Mac users who need the Windows experience. Check comparison review of Parallels 8 vs VMware Fusion 5.
Parallels Desktop 8 for MAC wizard
Pros of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Switching from Windows to Mac may not be very swift as expected therefore Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac provides computer users with a chance to use Windows and Mac systems together.
- There is no need to reboot the system so as to incorporate Windows once you install the Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac has a very efficient user interface which makes it easy to use
- Incorporation of Windows into a Mac system using Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac retains the same speed and normal computer functionalities as before the incorporation.
Cons of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- Installing Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac requires extra space on the hard disk for proper installation and functionality. Therefore, the computer user must purchase external hard disks in order to create extra space.
- In most cases, proper functionality requires repartitioning of the hard disk which may lead to loss of data if not properly partitioned.
VMware Workstation 9
VMware is the software that is ideal for technicians and other individuals who work in technical professions. The software allows users to create virtual machines which can be operated from one initial machine. VMware Workstation 9 allows the users to operate the virtual machines with each machine executing its own operating system. The physical machine can run all the operating systems concurrently without delays in speed or functionality.
Basically, the VMware Workstation 9 software requires a lot of space in order to operate successfully. Therefore, the user can create virtual space and hard disks using the initial machine and operate each virtual machine successfully.
Pros of VMware Workstation 9
- Computer users dealing with technical prospects in their professions can use the software to create virtual machines that will make work easier.
- Since there is creation of virtual hard disks and space, there is no need to overcompensate for space by investing in the purchase of external hard disks.
Cons of VMware Workstation 9
- Using VMware Workstation 9 means poor maintenance of accurate time
In conclusion a review of the two software, Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and VMware Workstation 9 reveals that the software allows users to operate two or more operating systems concurrently making work efficient.
Like this review? Share it with your friends!