Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack Review and step-by-step recovery guide.
When your computer fails to boot, it is advisable to find the cause of the crash. A system crash is caused by two major factors. It may either be a hardware failure or the operating system is corrupted. If it is due to a hardware failure, it is better to contact your service center so they can handle the situation. Hardware failure is normally shown on the POST screen when you start your computer. If during POST you do not see any errors, then it is likely that the cause of the system crash is corruption of a system file that is required for booting, malware or a virus. In this case, you will have to use Acronis bootable media from Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack. Check top Internet Security 2013 review and choose the best antivirus software to protect your PC.
Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack Upgrade
No code needed
Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack installation
Recovery preparation steps
1. If you suspect the crash was a result of a malware or virus attack, scan the computer for viruses.
2. Use the rescue media to boot and then validate the backup you would wish to use in the recovery process. This is an important step because though a backup has been validated in Windows, the program may at times declare it corrupt. Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack uses different device drivers in the recovery environment and in Windows. The program will not proceed with recovery if it considers the backup corrupted.
Begin system recovery only after you have completed the steps described in the preparation for recovery. The following steps will give information on how you can recover a corrupted system to the same hard drive. The process will be similar with minor differences if you are using a different hard drive. The new disk does not have to be formatted as this will happen during the recovery process. Note that you should attach an external drive and power it on if it has the backup that is to be used for recovery. You should do this before booting from True Image rescue media.
When plus pack is successfully installed you'll see it in the upper-left corner of the program
Now you should follow these steps:
1. The rescue media device should be the first boot device. Go to your BIOS and arrange the boot order to this effect.
2. Select True Image 2013 after you have booted from the rescue media.
3. On the welcome screen, choose 'My Disks' just under 'Recover.'
4. Select the partition backup or system disk to be used for recovery. When you right click on the backup, select 'Recover' on the menu.
5. At the Recovery method step, choose 'Recover whole disks and partitions.'
6. On the 'What to recover screen, ' you should choose the system partition; normally C. If the system partition is using a different letter, you can select the partition you want using the 'Flags' column.
7. You will now be at 'Settings of partition C' (or the letter used for your system partition). Click next only after you have checked the default settings and confirmed they are correct. If they are not, change them as required. Settings will have to be changed when you are recovering to a different hard disk with a different capacity.
8. At the 'Finish' step, carefully read the summary and click 'Proceed.'
9. Once the operation is complete, you should exit True Image 2013, remove the rescue media and re-boot the computer using the recovered system partition. Once you have confirmed you have recovered Windows to the state you wanted, you can now restore the original boot order.
Like this review? Share it with your friends!
Acronis Coupon Codes and Discounts
Download Acronis True Image 2014
NEW! Acronis True Image 2014 + 5GB of free Cloud Storage for one year Buy Now
NEW! Acronis True Image 2014 Premium (includes Plus Pack addon) + 5GB of free Cloud Storage for one year Buy Now
NEW! $25 off Acronis True Image 2014 + 250 GB Cloud Storage Use Offer
$99.98 our price $74.99)
NEW! $40 off Acronis True Image 2014 Premium + 250 GB Cloud Storage Use Offer
$129.97 our price $89.98)
NEW! Acronis True Image 2014 Premium Upgrade (includes Plus Pack addon) + 5GB of free Cloud Storage for one year Use Discount
$79.99 our price $59.99)
NEW! Acronis True Image 2014 Upgrade + 5GB of free Cloud Storage for one year Use Discount
$49.99 our price $29.99)
NEW! Acronis True Image 2014 Family Pack (3 licenses) + 5GB of free Cloud Storage for one year Use Promo
$149.97 our price $79.99)