Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Workstation vs True Image 2013
Acronis True Image 2013 package is designed for data backup of files and folders to protect against computer hardware and software crashes in a home environment. The advanced Acronis True Image 2013 Plus Pack allows the entire system to be moved onto a new computer in addition to the backup protection of the basic pack.
Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Workstation primarily targets business users. It is designed to keep system downtime to a minimum since this is critical requirement for organizations. Along with files and folders, this package can backup disks and partitions. For remote backup and restore capabilities check Advanced Workstation.
Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 backup plan setup
True Image 2013 has some advanced backup and recovery features that are lacking in Workstation 11.5, as described below:
· It has the ability for non-stop backup once the complete data backup is initially carried out. This near-Continuous Data Protection (CPD) is brought about by saving all subsequent changes at five-minute intervals to allow recovery. When backup data is stored on a network resource, a 1GB buffer memory is used to hold the data in case connectivity is temporarily disrupted until it can upload the changes on the restored network. The non-stop backup feature only stops if the buffer runs out of free space before connectivity is re-established.
· File backups are archived as ZIP files.
· The data synchronization feature can be enabled to keep identical data in two separate folders on different computers connected via the Internet or a local network. Any create, copy, modify or delete action applied to one folder works on both at the same time.
· All backup traces are deleted from the system and unwanted data is securely disposed of using the File Shredder.
· The Drive Cleanser securely cleans hard drives to protect sensitive data.
· Try & Decide feature allows the user to test run the system; changes can be easily removed if unwanted or applied to the live system if accepted.
· Microsoft e-mail messages and settings are backed up and restored.
Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Workstation interface
Workstation 11.5 scores over True Image 2013 in the following areas:
· It supports backup and restore of dynamic Logical Disk Manager (LDM) disks.
· Active Restore allows a crashed system to be instantly booted while restore functions run in the background.
· Acronis Disk Director Lite is integrated with the Workstation 11.5 to enable disk management for Acronis Bootable Media and at the operating system level.
· Microsoft Exchange / SQL server and other business-critical Volume Shadow Service (VSS) applications can be backed up on the live server while still online.
· Backup can be moved onto a virtual machine.
Like all Acronis software packages, product updates are free for both Acronis True Image 2013 and Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Workstation. Users are charged for Workstation 11.5 product upgrades after their support subscription validity expires. Acronis True Image 2013 users need to pay for upgrades except within 30 days before a new version is released. The Acronis support team will respond to Workstation 11.5 e-mails within 24 hours. Home users can afford to wait a little longer, so they are guaranteed a response within three days. Both packages have their advantages; users can make an informed choice by matching all the above details with their particular backup and recovery needs.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Workstation
Like this review? Share it with your friends!