Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 interface
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Virtual Edition for Parallels Review
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Virtual Edition is an application that comes engineered with capabilities to store and recover files, folders, partitions and drives. This software is reliable, cost-effective, and it can recover images from physical servers or hypervisors to VMware systems with unlimited migrations.
This particular recovery application comes integrated with disk based backup and disaster recovery for laptops and business desktops with centralized management capabilities. It is possible for system users to restore files and folders on their own from Acronis Secure Zone while the system is running.
Acronis 11.5 Virtual Edition comes with certified migration tools (P2V, V2V, V2P), virtual and physical environments, data protection (ability to only recover selected files), disaster recovery (recovering the whole virtual machine), and image based backup all from one unified platform. This is made possible courtesy of Acronis 11.5 Virtual Edition intuitive user interface. Acronis backup and data recovery 11.5 platform come with unique capabilities for supporting backup and recovery of virtual machines running on parallels server bare metal with an agent for either Windows or Linux operating systems installed inside virtual machines. Acronis 11.5 for parallels has been tested and certified to be fully compatible with parallels.
With an Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.5 Virtual Editions there is a host-based license that allows system users:
- Unlimited system migrations to and from the host at no additional charges.
- Backing up and recovery of any number of virtual machines on parallels host.
- Flexibility of any to any recovery, coupled with unified backup format and Acronis universal restore feature.
- Windows and Linux operating system support.
- It comes with broad storage that supports multiple storage devices and locations such as tape drives, optical devices, FTP, Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and local disk.
- Ability to store backups in the cloud.
- Advanced backup scheduling with capabilities to specify timeframes and intervals for the type of data and machine.
- It automatically changes windows SID after restore.
- Enhanced virtualization techniques with capabilities to support agent based, agent less, and VCB backups of virtual machines.
- Enhanced encryption techniques that ensure data security of backed up images.
- Backward compatibility that can read images and policies developed by previous versions.
- Enhanced management functions, enabling system administrators to configure backup plans from one system, then import the same plan on XML file format to other machines.
- The product is excellent in creating and restoring drive images, and this has even been compounded by features such as tape drive support, password protection, iSCSI support, scheduling, and central management.
- Advanced backup scheduling feature has been echoed by policy based management and recovery options are comprehensive, and they also come with support for event base back-up.
- Users PC can be backed up without timeouts in work, and Acronis 11.5 parallels can also be used to protect the system form Spywares, and to clone the hard drive.
- Version 11.5 licenses for parallels are very expensive.
- Bootable CDs may sometimes fail to work with certain graphic cards hence making backup very difficult.
- When cloning hard drives it normally clears the original contents, and also clears original when restoring.
- Acronis does not recognize a different drive with a different file system.
- It does not recognize hidden files.
Like this review? Share it with your friends!
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Virtual Edition for Parallels
No code needed